Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Studio Model 19

  1. #1
    Inactive Member earlgrey4t's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The horn on one of my Studio Model 19 (original owner since 1976) just went out. Is there something I can easily check or common about that portion of the music stopping? The woofer works fine.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i soldered a small piece of solder braid with a very small amount of solder....

    eventually, i did all four leads -- as they popped....

    FWIW they seem to be holding up pretty well...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I soldered all 4 of the leads in my Model 19 (802-8G) drivers. I used a 10X microscope and some very fine wire to hold the strips together, while I soldered them.

    I'm sure glad the later model 902 drivers have better internal connections!

    Richard C.

  4. #4
    Hostboard Member kayvee6@comcast.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2004
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You probably burned one of the leads connecting to the diaphram. I soldered mine back, so far so good. Someone on this board mentioned super glue, wich also seemed to work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.